Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today- yikes!

Well, today was not as fun other days. Please pray for quick healing for Myles- he fell off the top of the slide and fractured his clavicle (collar bone). He was trying to throw leaves at his friend and lost his balance. I have wondered if the slide is the best toy for a daycare. I have considered removing it but at the same time injuries could happen on anything. There are days I am tempted to put the kids in bubble wrap and helmets. Hopefully this will be the last injury for a long, long time.

I think we may have had a case of pink eye today so keep watch for that. I have bleached and scrubbed the house so hopefully it will be contained.

But we did have a fun time playing in the leaves today before things went awry. The kids raked together several large piles of leaves and enjoyed jumping into them. Jenni stopped by to say hi to the kids. She even let them bury her in leaves. Everyone got into jumping in the piles. I will post pictures of the kids in the leaves tomorrow.

Overall, not really my favorite type of day. Tomorrow will be better!

1 comment:

Erik said...

Myles is good and will be back tommorrow sporting a new sling. I vote to keep the slide. If you got rid of it, they would just find something else to fall off of. Just my opinion!
Myles' Dad